Friday 29 November 2013

small things

Hi everyone! Not much to say today, things at home have been rather peaceful, Josh is playing all the time and we're a bit distant now. He's been going to bed at around 7am. But I don't complain, it's nice to know he's focusing on the game.
 
Actually I think he's getting a bit obsessed, today he was talking about Poker in his sleep. He sometimes talks in his sleep, but I hadn't heard him going on about his hands yet.
 
This is my last day working away from home, yeaaaahhh! Next weak I'll go back to my usual routine of waking up only an hour before I have to be at work, instead of two. So, more free time to do what I want.
 
Christmas is coming and, although I'm not religious, I enjoy the season. Josh usually sets up our x-mas tree (I'm not very good with the decorations) and our house is all cozy and warm, I like spending time just laying on the couch with a blanket reading a book or watching my fav TV shows. I'm following Boardwalk Empire now (season 4) and reading The God of Small Things, beautifully written.
 
Let's see how things go, Josh has been winning some money, I hope he keeps it up and things can take a positive turn by the end of the year.
 
 
Thanks for reading.
 
xoxo
Andrea

14 comments:

  1. "Actually I think he's getting a bit obsessed ... about Poker."

    You don't say?

    I think it is unhealthy (in a codependent way) for you to ever use "wife" and "husband" to describe your relationship. These terms insinuate a mutual long-term commitment and absolves you of your responsibility for making the daily choice to stay with a dependent, obsessed person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm you have a point. But I usually don't use those terms, only in the blog title, for simplicity purposes. I certainly don't call him my husband in my day to day life, so I guess I'm ok.

    He's usually not this obsessed with Poker. He has other obsessions, like training, antiques, soccer... I seldom see him so "obsessed" over Poker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damm. how can he b distant from a tattooed chick that digs TOOL? lol. anyway r they obsessions or hobbies. obsessions sound creepy. lmao.the fact that he is focused on poker should b obvious if he is trying to make a living. well have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I suppose I can't ask for everything. If I want him to end the year with something to show for, he better focus, even if it means we don't spend as much time together.

      Yesterday he was too tired to go out so I went without him to a dinner party we had been invited to, he needed to sleep. I guess the main thing is that I don't keep myself from living my life, even if he's too tired or doesn't want to go with or can't afford it.

      Thanks anger, hope u had a good weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit... those are the ones I'm following or recording (we have something similar to TiVo) to watch all the episodes in a row later.

      Delete
  5. Josh averages $300 per month, with a standard deviation of $900. So 68% of the months will win between -$600 and +$1200. Two lucky months might win $2400, pay expenses, grow the bankroll, and inspire plans to conquer the world. Then two bad months could lose $1200 and your home life suffers. After living expenses, the bankroll will shrink. Don't let temporary good luck fool you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you reach that standard deviation value?

      Hey, he won another 600$ today, yay!

      Delete
    2. The standard deviation of a ten person Sit-and-go is around 2 units. If Josh plays 900 $15 Sit-and-go's per month, then his standard deviation is 2*Sqrt(900)*$15 = $900. The annual standard deviation is Sqrt(12)*$900 = $3118, consistent with the PokerTracker graphs.

      The standard deviation will be higher if he dabbles in higher limits or riskier formats. He did _NOT_ win $600 in one day playing $15 Sit-and-go's. He probably cashed in larger tournament or won a few higher limit tables.

      Delete
    3. I believe he won 500+ in a 3$ rebuy tournament, he paid 6 dollars to enter. And then 100 by going deep in 2 other similar tourneys.

      Delete
  6. read the article .that a helicopter crashed into a pub in scotland . i hope josh and u r ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're fine! (Scotland isn't going thorugh an economy crisis)

      ;)

      Delete
    2. "read the article .that a helicopter crashed into a pub in scotland . i hope josh and u r ok."

      Glasgow is nowhere near Portugal!

      Delete
    3. it is in the same time zone. lol

      Delete

Share your stories or simply your thoughts!