Wednesday 18 December 2013

looking back

Just came back from a painful conversation with my parents and though of updating this. My step-dad told me lots of things about Josh and how he's getting himself into a trap with Poker and failing to invest in a real future... and he analyzed Josh's reasons to do so, on a "psychological level".
 
I agreed with everything and I asked him to do that very same analysis with me: why, knowing all that I know and have experienced with Josh, am I still with him? He told me he thought my problem is that I'm unable to deal with loss. That's why I always find ways to stay in the relationship, to adjust and adapt to Josh, even if I see no future with him and am unhappy with him. It's always better to be with him than without, because I simply cannot handle loss. That was his opinion and he told me I should treat it in therapy (although he doesn't believe in therapists).
 
He also thinks that this problem either comes from the loss of my father or from the fact I was kept in a hospital for over a year when I was just two years old, without seeing my parents regularly.
 
During this conversation, my mother was particularly pissed with the fact that I can't bring myself to end it with Josh, or to force him to change, and she said I must be pretty incompetent, because she always found ways to get my father (and step-dad) to do what she wanted. This made me sad. Then I lashed back at her saying that she might have changed my real dad, but they were still completely miserable together. She agreed but she said she only continued the marriage because I was born and my real dad threatned her that if she left him, I would never set my eyes on him again. What a douchebag. My real dad was a horrible, horrible dad and a worse husband, I wish my step dad was my real dad and I wish I didn't spend a minute of my childhood with that asshole.
 
So... yeah, it seems I'm getting somewhere. Loss issues. Facing the fact that "daddy didn't love me" and he used me to force my mom not to leave (he had already been abandoned by his ex, who cheated on him and left him). Bah, fucking pathetic. But at least I know where to turn now.
 
 
xoxo
Andrea

13 comments:

  1. if she cannot accept a loss then we certainly have that in common, in fact, i just got done talking about this on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the only comment I kept, simply because it's not abusive.

      Will check out your blog soon, TBC.

      Delete
    2. TBC has autism. So he is not trying to be abusive. He has no filter and just says what pops into his head.

      Delete
  2. The 18 comments that you guys wrote, making a parody of my personal life (and of Tony Bigcharles), led me to disable auto-published comments for now.

    Haters gonna hate.

    Your comments are useless and distracting, they simply create noise in a blog that I still want to bring something good to anyone who needs to read or share their experiences of living with poker players.

    Thank you all and feel free to comment in a non-abusive way. Or maybe when you're sober.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For an open discussion, feel free to comment here:

    http://www.roughingthepunter.com/showthread.php?t=3214

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that Frost guy is hilarious. He claims I was sexually abused because I have tattoos!!! That must have been the most ridiculous thing I've read in... a couple of months (I read a lot online and most if it is stupid). Lord... what a sad, sad man.

      Thanks for sharing, Anonymous, I am for free speech and I guess all opinions are acceptable, but I want to keep this blog clean. So... I find it great you guys created a Forum thread to insult me freely.

      Delete
    2. i think the thread is to discuss yr situation thru humor bcuz y b rational with irrational behavior

      Delete
    3. My dear anger, you're free to do whatever makes you happy, so thread ahead! For me personally, the thread only shows the childish character of those involved.

      Not everything in life is rational and people often have "irrational" behavior: when they follow their feelings, they're not being rational, they're using their heart and not their brains. Other people, who are not having those feelings, might have a hard time understanding it.

      Being humorous about it may be a way to deal with it, and I've let a lot slide in this blog, for humour's sake. But those comments and that thread is a little beyond "humorous" :)

      Some of your theories amused me though. "she writes like she's smart but she's really dumb" or "from the tattoos I'm guessing she was sexually abused" are my personal favorites.

      The fact that people think I write too well for English not to be my first language is great.

      And the fact people think I know how to talk about poker and use poker terms is also very flattering, because that was something I was really trying to achieve (from listening to Josh and reading Forums), considering this blog's "audience" so far. Still no poker wives.

      Other than that, I see that some of the people in that thread aren't capable of keeping up with rational arguments, so they go straight to insulting those who disagree ("you're a moron") and I can only hope that they're not all adults, because that would be extremely sad.

      Having said this, much of what is written there (like the Frost guy's posts, who I think is the Anonymous that sometimes drops a load here) is simply unimportant. Thread away :)

      On a final note, you're a nice guy anger, I think you just got a little carried away with that fantasy PPP was having about me and TBC. Other than that, you're cool.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas anger! Mine has blown so far... will write later.

      Delete
    2. try smoking some weed and some hot tea. that works here n colorado . it is cold BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about Christmas, hopefully the new year is better

    ReplyDelete

Share your stories or simply your thoughts!